Thursday, April 30, 2015

Incurable cancer and cannabis


"Right now, if you read my last post you are probably wondering how I went from almost dying to well on the road to recovery.   If you didn't read about how I came close to death last fall, click here...

When I found out in 2012 that I had colon cancer I was shocked! I  never thought that I would have to worry about getting cancer.  As I said before I'm a so called, "health nut",  some say I'm extreme when it comes to my diet and lifestyle.

I work for the Gerson Institute, and back in the 70's I'd heard Charlotte Gerson lecture about her father's diet therapy.  At that time we watched our nine year daughter recover from asthma by just changing her diet.  Our family followed Dr. Gerson's philosophy and teaching for years, later I was hired at Gerson and part of my daily work was to coach cancer patients who chose to do this alternative therapy.  Dr. Gerson was curing advanced cancer on hopeless patients with his diet therapy in the 1930's. You can read about it in his book, "A cancer Therapy". (which can be purchased on the
The Gerson website or you can view the documentary here: http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/the_beautiful_truth (BTW I'm in it. :)

One morning I discovered a hard lump while getting ready for work and didn't know what to think.  Since I had not had an annual check up in several years I made an appointment with a gynecologist. 

felt numb, when I read the medical reports that confirmed that I had squamous cell colon cancer,  I was in shock. 
I decided to go from eating a very healthy organic diet to the full Gerson protocol.  I had been on this therapy in 2001 and it dissolved, what the doctors called a "suspicious tumor" on my liver.
There are other things that I have added to my daily routine, things such as a grounding mat, aloe aboresence, wheat grass packs and more which I will go into in future posts.

Never the less, All of the above was still not enough to shrink the tumor, in fact it grew to be 10 centimeters.  In the beginning I continued to work and try to do all that the Gerson Therapy required, a glass of juice every hour, enemas and more but it was not dissolving the tumor.  It did keep the cancer from spreading and that I am told is remarkable.  Before my first pet scan the surgeon looked at me sternly and said, "I'll be amazed if this has not spread to your liver or lymph glands".  When the Pet/CT scan results were read she said twice, "well  I am very surprised!"

I followed the Gerson protocol strictly for two years and I never gave up hope in what I was doing but the tumor was still growing and pain became constant. The tumor was draining fluid and had an offensive odor which was hard to bear. My friends and family urged me to stop working and stay home, they felt I needed surgery and if necessary chemotherapy.  My body had formed a fistula and the enemas became impossible to hold.  Because of the size and location of the tumor, I could no longer sit without pain, which of course made working at my desk very difficult.
One of my doctors told me there was, "too much traffic going past the tumor and I needed to close the road".  I knew he was talking about a colostomy and I finally decided to consider it even though I dreaded the thought,  but perhaps a "bag" was better than my current condition.

I made an appointment with a surgeon, only because she told me that she was willing to do the surgery without using chemo.  Then after the appointment she gave me the news, " Carol, the tumor is too big and surgery would be extensive and very risky, I don't want to do surgery on you." to top it all off she pointed to the X-ray and showed me that the tumor was attached to my bladder.  "Carol you could very well end up with an ostomy for both the bladder and the colon if I attempt to remove the tumor which is quite large now!" She was a very stern woman, abrupt and to the point, "I want you to see the oncologist. Her words hit me hard, now even just discussing the possibility of chemotherapy was a bigger challenge for me than the cancer itself.  My life's work has been advocating alternative therapy's  and to me chemo and radiation is like a death sentence.  I couldn't believe it had come to this but I felt I had run out of options and life at that point was filled with constant pain, so I made an appointment. The protocol that they prescribed for the type of cancer was a combination of radiation and chemo administered simultaneously.  What! Now, besides chemo they were planning on adding radiation!

I was all too familiar with the horrifying side effects of chemo/radiation and the 2.3% success rate.    In the last 10 years I've seen many suffer, some recover and some die. I knew exactly what I was in for, still I never gave up even though I knew that many of those who tried to add chemotherapy had failed. I   personally knew of only three cases where chemo combined with Gerson had succeeded and the patients survived both the chemo and the cancer.

When my oldest daughter heard that I was considering conventional treatment she frantically tried to find something else that I could either add or do instead.  She spent hours reading about Cannabis oil and searching videos on youtube. Here's just one of the many videos that stood out. https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=aaplw&p=simpson+run+from+the+cure
I knew very little about cannabis oil. The medicinal oil is legal in California.  I considered it in the same category as marijuana and I couldn't believe on top of everything else I was also going to start taking weed!  I was raised in a strict baptist home, I don't drink or smoke, I don't even drink coffee.  However the videos Debi kept texting to me were pretty convincing so I agreed and started taking small amounts of a concentrated essential oil made from marijuana that was very high in THC.

     The doctors constantly remarked that even though I had done "nothing" for the last two years they were hopeful that they could help me  "Nothing" I thought, oh I guess getting up every morning at 4:30 to make 6 glasses of organic juice and cooking all my meals from scratch, eating no sugar, salt, dairy or meat and basically living off of potatoes and veggies for two years, while working full time equals doing nothing! but I held my tongue.  So when the scans came back and showed that the liver and lymph glands were clear both the surgeon and the radiologist gave me surprised looks.  They felt with their toxic treatment that I had a good chance at killing the cancer cells.

The radiation would be given every day - Monday through Friday - for 6 weeks . The chemo administered for the first 5 days of the first week.  The chemo needle and bag would be attached through a port and go directly into my main arteries for the entire 5 days.   The bag that held the chemo was strapped over my shoulder and that is where it stayed 24/7.  The chemo was scheduled again for the fifth week but I never made it that far.  A couple weeks before the conventional treatment I also added small amounts cannabis oil, along with a few more immune building components/supplements.   The oil helped reduce the pain, eliminate the constant nausea and I never  had to take any of the prescribed pain killers that the doctor suggested like oxycontin, but the side effects from the chemicals were horrific.  Water tasked like gasoline and I had no appetite. I had blisters all over my bottom lip and it was very hard to chew food.  if I managed to get something in my stomach it was a fight to keep it down and one morning I got on the scales and weighed 95 pounds! I hadn't eaten dinner the night before and now at breakfast I still could care less about food.

Even after going though all this, it wasn't until after I ended up in ER and almost died that I decided I had enough of conventional treatment.  The doctors sent me home saying that I was too weak for more chemo and that I should consider hospice. The oncologist argued that they could build my immune with IV's and then start the chemo again.  One of the doctors at the hospital said that is what usually happens - more chemo and then the patient ends up back in the hospital.  When I told the nurse I was not going to finish the chemo her remark was, "good!" and then she asked me what I was going to do.  I knew that my daughter had already informed the hospital that I was taking cannabis so I just answered, "I am taking cannabis oil".  She gave me a big smile and once again, said "good!".  I went home and began to dramatically increase the amount cannabis oil I was taking.

 Increasing cannabis too fast can be difficult.  They caution you to start with half of a rice kernel size and gradually increase the amount in order to take what is needed to fight cancer. There's a specific amount of THC in the oil.  Evidently the effects can be different for each person.  If I took too much too fast it effected my ability to think clearly and made me very sleepy.  I call it feeling loopy, feeling loopy is a little like how you feel when you have had too much to drink and your head is spinning, it is difficult to walk straight and laying down increased that crazy spinning feeling.
 I also recommend that you search Youtube for Ty Bollinger's talks.  Ty lost seven members of his family to cancer in a very short time and made it his quest to search for an answer.  I believe that the cannabis is a significant part of my recovery.

It's been five months since the crisis that put me in the ER last fall. I look back with a heart full of gratitude because I consider myself a miracle and it's hard to take in how much has changed.  Just this past week I got a doctors report. He said that he had never seen a tumor shrink this much! My blood work and records indicate that the cancer is in remission!  I couldn't stop thinking about the prospect of conquering this cancer diagnosis.  Excited by this news l didn't fall asleep that night until 1:30 in the morning.
I realize that it is not over yet.  I believe I have a long road ahead and have a lot more to say so stay tuned and please leave your questions as it will help me in the next post.









5 comments:

  1. I see you ate lots of potatoes. My Mom has stage 4 uterine cancer. I was wondering if you could explain to me why it would be ok to eat potatoes when the cancer feeds on sugar. I know the potatoes break down and obviously it's okay, because you did it. I would just like to understand it better to explain to my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SonoitaGal,
    Thank you for your comment. Regarding your question about potatoes. Dr. Gerson was very specific with his choices of foods. The potato is high is potassium and provides protein. In his book "A Cancer Therapy", he explains the need for a high potassium and restrictive sodium diet.
    The sugar issue is argued that the natural sugar in the fruit and vegetables are actually used to guide the antioxidants right to the tumor. They distinguish between natural sugar and processed sugar.
    Dr. Nicolas Gonzalez says, " Cancer is like a cockroach and will eat anything".
    I recommend that you read Dr. Gerson's book, "A Cancer Therapy" specifically chapter 1, "My Secret"
    I hope this is helpful, the book well explain in more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful and amazing news on your recovery! I just wished this so called "healthcare" we have available to us would include options for those of us that choose natural methods for preventative and overall healthcare-the "professionals are so detached from medicine-herbs & the body. Keep up the good fight

    ReplyDelete



  4. I am so grateful to Dr.adamsewin@gmail.com for healing spell he cast on me now I'm free from cancer. I'm rickson john and I live in USA, I was diagnose with breast cancer 3 years ago, and ever since i have done a lot of Chemo and Radiation that have not helped me, but only damaged my immune system and render me weak and helpless., few weeks late a friend of mine direct me to Great Dr.ADAM who help her to cure her cancer with his spiritual power and now she is free from cancer. Then I also contacted Great Dr ADAM and I Am now here to testify that am no more a cancer patient, I have experience a total transformation in my health after Great Dr.ADAM cast healing spell on me. For all cancer patient that lives in the Australia,Europe and America region, get your healing from Great Dr .ADAM and be free from cancer. contact him on his E-mail: adamsewin@gmail.com and his website: http://homeofwounders.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and over all well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a glucometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescibtion like: Insulin ,Sulfonylureas,Thiazolidinediones but Icould not get the cure rather to reduce the pain abd brink back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I aslo contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabtes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGERIA, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

    ReplyDelete